Friday, July 9, 2010

Greed, love, and awful people.

Greed makes people do awful things.
It makes me mad and sad and...yeah, just those.

Greed turns people into awful creatures.

Don't people have hearts?

Michael Jackson was one of the nicest, sweetest, loving humans I've never met (so I suppose I don't know those things for sure, but it's easy to tell by watching him and stuff), and people just took advantage of that. He loved people and people screwed him over FOR MONEY. How he managed to continue to love people is beyond me.

But I guess it was their loss and his gain, right? They didn't have love, but he did. He wins.

Making up rumours about someone is never a nice thing to do; we learn that in the school yard, but to accuse someone of being a child molester when you KNOW it's not true, just to get money out of someone, it's...awful.

Michael Jackson knew the truth. His friends knew the truth. It still would hurt though.

Greed makes people take advantage of people all the time. I hate it.
Poor kids in poor countries work for barely anything. They don't get paid fairly. People make money off their poverty. It's sickening.

Sometimes I hate people.

But then I don't. Because that's something that I have, that they (the greedy people) don't. They don't love. If they do, it's only selfish love. If they truly loved, they'd love the poor kids too.

The father who accused Michael of molesting his son killed himself. That tells me he had a sad life. Michael died knowing people love him. So maybe good wins in the end? I don't mean the man deserved to die sad and lonely, just that greed doesn't win in the end.

It's hard to say that about the poor kids and big corporations though. When are Nike going to lose? What about Nestle's CEO? He gets to sleep in a nice, warm, comfy bed, with a full stomach, while the people he's exploiting don't. Maybe they won't win in this life. Maybe God has something better in store for them in the next. Hopefully the CEO does too.

Okay, I blogged, I feel better.

I'll leave you with my favourite MJ quote:

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with."

3 comments:

  1. I found out something interesting about Nike on Sunday, from a friend who is involved in the no-slave-labour/fair trade thingo... apparently Nike is now one of the better shoe companies! Because of the huge protest about them, they've improved, and now rank better than most companies! Now Converse is one of the worst...
    (I tried to google it to find out more, but got lazy and stopped. So this is based on what my friend said, but he does know a lot about this stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about people who think he honestly was guilty? Were they taking advantage of him for money even though they knew he was innocent, or did they really think he was guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people might honestly think he's guilty, but those people weren't the ones making money off of it. The people who were making money off of him knew they were lying (and later admitted it).

    ReplyDelete